Who Needs to Enroll?
State law requires children between the ages of 6 and 16 to attend school. Any child who becomes 5 years of age on or before August 1 is eligible for the Primary School Program (beginning with Kindergarten).
How do I enroll my child?
Set up an appointment with the school to enroll. During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the forms and information listed below to register your child.
- A completed district enrollment application. You can save time and download and fill out the enrollment form in advance by clicking this link to download the latest enrollment form. You can type directly into the PDF form or print it and fill in the information by hand. If you decide to type in the form, though, please remember to PRINT the completed application as the Adobe Reader software will not save any changes that you type into the form.
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate -Parents/Guardians get form from Health Care Provider or Health Department
- Original Birth Certificate
- Medical Examination
- Kindergarten: All children enrolling in kindergarten must have a physical examination performed within one year prior to their admission. This examination must be recorded on the school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Erlanger-Elsmere School.
- Middle School: All children enrolling in 6th grade must have a physical examination within one year prior to entry into 6th grade. This examination must be recorded on a school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Erlanger-Elsmere School.
- Copy of Child's Social Security Card
- Free Lunch Form (When appropriate)
- Proof of Residency - street address which may include utility bills to the legal guardian, rental/lease/purchase contracts, etc.
- Transcript, report card, and/or other academic records from prior school(s)
- Dental Screening Form- Due Jan 1st of the school year for ages 5 & 6 only. Eye Examination Form- Due Jan 1st of the first school year that a 3-6 year old child is enrolled.
- Custody papers (When appropriate)
Phone Numbers for each school are listed below:
Arnett Elementary 859 727-1488
Howell Elementary 859 727-1108
Lindeman Elementary 859 727-1188
Miles Elementary 859 727-2231
Tichenor Middle School 859 727-2255
Lloyd High School 859 727-1555
Bartlett Center 859-342-2460
Please note that the front offices of the elementary schools are typically closed from mid-June until the first week of August. If you cannot reach an elementary school during this time period, please try again at a later time, preferably after July 31st.