While we intend to make internet and email access available to further educational goals and objectives, students may find ways to access other materials as well. Although the district implements these filters to decrease risk, families should be warned that some material accessible via the internet may contain items and information that are illegal, defamatory, inaccurate, or sexually explicit. All district devices in Erlanger Elsmere Schools are filtered by Relay Filtering whether in district or at home. With this filtering system students still have access to YouTube.
Tips and tricks for home
- Remind students about the filtering and to only watch videos deemed safe for school.
- Limit the use of the school issued device to school use only.
- If using the device outside of school work, consider placing time limits on students usage and streaming of YouTube videos.
- Monitor students as much as possible to avoid students reaching videos that should not be viewed that may slip through the filter.
- Ensure that your student is not sharing their password and username with anyone.
- Remind students to email and take place in online discussions with only those that they know, and be aware of fraudulent offers.
- When not using the device keep the charger and device together and in a safe place; as not to get stolen, lost or damaged.
Further questions or concerns regarding Chromebook safety?
Contact Stefanie Stubblefield at 859.727.2009.