Nomination Form: 2024 Kentucky Teacher of the Year
The Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) has opened nominations for the 2024 Kentucky Teacher Achievement Awards. These awards celebrate some of Kentucky's most outstanding educators, and the overall award winner will be named the 2024 Kentucky Teacher of the Year.
Any full-time public school teacher in the state with at least three years of experience is eligible. Teachers may be nominated by students, parents, teaching peers, principals, superintendents or anyone from the community who has an interest in honoring an outstanding educator.
All nominated teachers will be invited to submit a formal application by Feb. 21, 2023.
Nominees should have the respect and admiration of their colleagues and:
- Be an expert in their field who advances growth for students of all backgrounds and abilities;
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues, students and families to create a school culture of equity and success;
- Deliberately connect the classroom to community to impact student growth and learning;
- Be a lifelong learner and teacher leader and utilize innovation to create learning experiences within and beyond the classroom; and
- Express themselves in an engaging and clear way, conveying the lived classroom experience to a variety of audiences.
A blue ribbon panel of education professionals from around the state will judge all applications. Advancing candidates will receive additional review and evaluations.
Teacher Achievement Award winners and the overall Kentucky Teacher of the Year will be announced later in 2023 and honored with cash prizes and other awards. The 2024 Kentucky Teacher of the Year will represent the state in the 2024 National Teacher of the Year competition.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the 2024 KTOY timeline or process, visit kentuckytoy.com.