The Erlanger-Elsmere Independent School District Board of Education is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the District at large, a seat formerly held by Thomas Luken. The Board will proceed to appoint an individual to fill this seat for the unexpired term pursuant to KRS 160.190 and Board Policy 01.3.
The Board will fill the vacancy within sixty (60) days in accordance with KRS 160.190, and the person appointed shall serve until the results of the November 5, 2020 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at the Erlanger-Elsmere Independent Public Schools Superintendent’s Office, Erlanger-Elsmere Board of Education, 500 Graves Avenue, Erlanger, KY 41018 or online by clicking here .
Mail applications to: Erlanger-Elsmere Independent School District Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 500 Graves Avenue, Erlanger, KY 41018.
Application documents should be submitted no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.